Thursday, 26 May 2011

26/5/11

Today was our last day on creating the set. We layed out all the props we had gathered for the room including a tea set and real food. I brought in a smoking pipe, a Czechoslovakia envelope I managed to find online with were placed on the coffee table along with other props including a decanter and German story book. I also brought in to uni a large house plant from home to fill the empty corner of the living room. I think the plant looked really good in the living room as it showed more evidence of people actually living there.
We were given a large selection of lights and cameras which we could adjust to our preference. We also had use of a smoke machine which gave a really interesting effect in Gregor's bedroom which helped relate our set to the Psychological horror genre.

Overall, I'm really pleased with the set we have created. It may have taken a while to create but we managed to achieve all we set out to do before the deadline. I found it quite hard to work in such a large group as so many people had different ideas, and not many confirmed their ideas with the rest of the group. This particularly showed when it came to making the contents of the sets as some constructions got in the way of others creating their individual pieces. The most annoying thing which affected the group was the lack of people turning up to help create the sets as it slowed the process down and also made the work load uneven between each member. However I think everyone manged to get along well and offered to help others when they needed it.
My favourite image of the set is the two armchairs in front of the fireplace, as due to the props and warm lighting it suggests that the room is being lived in and is a safe, family home to the characters. I also like the images taken of Gregor's room as this represented the genre of Psychological horror that we set out to achieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment